Priceline Car Rental Bidding
More than 100,000 rental cars go unused every day. That's lost revenue for car rental companies, and a great opportunity to save with Priceline car rental bidding!
Step One – Find three quick facts
1. Check recent Priceline car rental winning bids:
For biggest discounts —
- Rent at least 5 full days (at least 120 hours).
- Rent weekends – These rates start as early as Noon Thursday at some airports.
2. Check Hotwire.com – Priceline’s deep-discount competitor – for your dates:
Although recent, Priceline car rental winning bids may not reflect actual demand for cars on your dates. Hotwire’s prices will.
3. Check regular prices for your dates:
Step Two – Determine your smartest bid
Priceline rule: you can rebid immediately only by changing dates or airport. Otherwise, wait 24 hours to rebid.
Make your Priceline bid 20% lower than best available prices on sites like Airport Rental Cars that tell brand name before paying.
Be more aggressive with a lower bid:
- If you can rebid for a different date or airport immediately.
- If Hotwire’s shows prices lower than Priceline’s.
- If you have leeway to rebid in 24 hours.
- And even lower if can rebid every 24 hours for 2 or more days.
- Or if willing to accept Hotwire price.
Step Three - Place your bid
- Remember: no refunds, no changes.
- Enter name exactly as appears on driver’s license.
- Bid up to 2 hours prior to pickup if car is available.
Step Four – Follow up
- Bring your Priceline car rental confirmation.
- Call rental agency if flight arriving late.
- Call 1-877-477-5807 Priceline if airline cannot get you there that day.
- Have all drivers sign contract upon pickup. Otherwise, voids insurance.
- Have agency list every defect and give you a copy before leaving.
About these car rentals
- Uses only top 5 name-brand car rental companies: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz, and National, which usually have convenient airport locations.
- Unlimited miles.
- Guaranteed savings. If you find a lower price for same company, car type, dates, and location on another on-line site within 48 hours, Priceline pays 100% of difference.
- Uses Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Europcar (international only) Hertz, National, and Thrifty.
- Will be told if limited free miles before paying.
- If within 48 hours you find a lower rate for an identical booking, on another on-line site, you get 100% of difference
Enjoy your Priceline car rental and savings!