Home > Last-minute flights on Plast-minute flights on Pricelinericeline
Last-minute Flights on Priceline
Missed advanced-purchase deadlines? No problem. Follow BidOnTravel’s easy steps and get great deals on last-minute flights on Priceline.
Normally, you can bid only once every 24 hours, but sooner if you use BoT’s rebidding strategies.
Step One – Quick fact finding
1. Find best current fare for your travel dates
Orbitz Flight Deals
Important: Notice whether many less expensive flights are available on the dates you want, or whether most are already sold out.
Generally, Tuesday, Wednesday, and sometimes Saturday offer less expensive fares. Try to include a Saturday night stay unless flying to Las Vegas. Avoid Friday travel to and Sunday travel from popular vacation destinations such Orlando.
2. Next, find best advanced-purchase airfare for 3 weeks from date of your trip, with same length of stay.
Orbitz flight deals
Step Two – Determine your smartest bid
1. Your bid should be midway between best current fare and best advanced-purchase fare.
- But come up with a lower figure if you can rebid in the ways mentioned immediately below.
- Even lower if you can rebid every 24 hours for 3 or more days, can use an alternate airport, or are totally flexible with dates.
- But determine a higher figure if cannot do any of these.
2. Before bidding, keep in mind that you can rebid within 24 hours if you:
- Change dates.
- Use an alternate airport.
- Use yet another airport (in separate bid, after first alternative).
- Take non jet planes, if offered.
3. One change at a time.
- BoT’s best rebidding strategy: Make separate bids for each point of flexibility or option. This strategy enables you to get the best price for your last-minute tickets and makes you an expert Priceline bidder.
- Re airports: Do NOT include more than one airport in your first bid, even if Priceline suggests alternative airports.
- When you rebid, Priceline automatically includes both your first choice airport and second.
Step Three - Compare your bid
Make sure you bid less than the best price on Hotwire, Priceline's main competitor.
Save up to 40% off last minute fares with low Hotwire Hot-Rates!
No refunds, no changes.
Step Four - Place your bid
Priceline Flights - Select your Exact Flight & time or Name Your Own Price!
- Priceline displays taxes and fees before you submit your bid. You can still adjust your bid downward, and then submit.
- Priceline gives no refunds and allows no changes.
- List name EXACTLY as appears on your official photo ID.
Step Five: Follow through
- Print and take your confirmation with you.
- Reconfirm times prior to traveling.
Note that Priceline’s domestic flights leave 6 a.m. – 10 p.m., unless stated. No more than one change of planes, with no more than 3-hour layover. (Most under 90 minutes.)
See Winning Rental Car bids in Top Cities from $12/day!
Enjoy your flights and savings on last-minute flights on Priceline!