Car Rental Bidding on Priceline
More than 100,000 rental cars go unused every day. That's lost revenue for car rental companies, and a great opportunity for you to save with car rental bidding on Priceline!
Step One – Find two quick facts
1. Check recent Priceline car rental winning bids:
For biggest discounts —
- Rent at least 5 full days (at least 120 hours).
- Rent weekends – These rates start as early as Noon Thursday at some airports.
- Priceline uses only top five name-brand car rental companies: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz, & National.
- These usually have most convenient airport locations.
- Always unlimited miles in U.S.
- Savings guaranteed.
- No refunds (Call rental company if flight will be late)
- No changes.
2. Check regular prices for your dates:
Step Two – Determine your smartest bid
Priceline rule: you can rebid immediately only by changing dates or airport. Otherwise, wait 24 hours to rebid.
Make your Priceline bid 20% lower than best available prices on sites like Airport Rental Cars that tell brand name before paying.
Be more aggressive with a lower bid:
- If you can rebid for a different date or airport immediately.
- If you have leeway to rebid in 24 hours.
- And even lower if can rebid every 24 hours for 2 or more days.
- Or if willing to accept the regular no bidding price.
Step Three - Place your bid
- Remember: no refunds, no changes.
- Enter name exactly as appears on driver’s license.
- Bid up to 2 hours prior to pickup if car is available.
Step Four – Follow up
- Bring your Priceline printed car rental confirmation or have confirmation email Priceline sent you handy.
- Call rental agency if flight arriving late.
- Call 1-877-477-5807 Priceline if airline cannot get you there that day.
- Have all drivers sign contract upon pickup. Otherwise, voids insurance.
- Have agency list every defect (paying special attention to window glass) and give you a copy before leaving.
Enjoy your car rental bidding on Priceline savings!